Monday, April 4, 2011

My Savings

Yesterday was grocery shopping day for me.  After about an hour of sitting at the computer and looking at the sales ad and clipping coupons and completing my grocery list I was ready to shop.  I went to the store with my coupons organized and my shopping list in hand.  I strayed little from my list and bought a cart full of groceries. I quickly realized that even with a coupon some items just were not worth the money and I decided to save the coupon until a sale. I always wait until after everything is scanned to present my shopper card and my coupons; I just love watching all of my savings come off.  My total prior to card and coupons was around $275, after savings $209.08, I saved $67.55 with my card and coupons.  Woohoo!!!  While the cashier was scanning my coupons a couple of them were given back to me as I had digitally loaded them on my shopper card, after reviewing my receipt here is the lesson I have learned from that, if a coupon can be doubled, do NOT load digitally as it does not get doubled.  It may have only been $.25 but every little penny adds up.  I absolutely despise grocery shopping but I love the thrill of saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment