Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Creamy Chicken Noodles

I am always looking for quick easy fixes for dinner. Tonight I made this in a slow cooker, I have also made it on the stovetop when I had the time to boil the chicken and the noodles.

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were thawed, but you could put them in frozen, just adjust the cooking time)
3-4 cups (or 2 cans) chicken broth
1/2 large onion chopped
2 cups carrots chopped
1 tbls garlic pepper seasoning
1 tsp. Poultry seasoning
1 can evaporated milk
1 package egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)

Combine first 5 ingredients in slow cooker and cook in low for 4 hours. (I lined my slow cooker with a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner, I highly recommend this product, easy meal with no clean up, what more could you ask for.)

Remove chicken and place on plate and shred with fork, return to slow cooker. Add evaporated milk and egg noodles and stir. Continue stirring about every 15 minutes until noodles are tender. I add sour cream at the end for extra creaminess as well as salt and pepper to taste.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment