Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Me!

I know it's a couple of days late but I've had a New Years epiphany, I am going to blog my way to a new me. I figure writing it down will provide me with some accountability even if no one ever reads it. I am not only talking about living a healthier lifestyle but maintaining a better household, and a better mother and wife. This blog will kind of be my daily journal to keep me on track to making myself better.

As of today my two and a half yer old twin girls have been out of their twice weekly preschool for two weeks, they were supposed to return yesterday but we had a snow day. I believe that cabin fever is getting the best of all of us. While they received an absurd amount of toys for Christmas, they are playing with measuring tapes and watching the sane episodes of "Max and Ruby" we have seen a hundred times. (Oh that Ruby, there are days I would love to reach in the TV and smack her, but I digress as the girls love the show and it provides me some sanity.)

For Christmas I thought it would be a good idea to purchase the girls "big girl bedding" for them and make the transition out of their cribs. On New Years Day my husband and I removed the crib front and added the toddler bed rail. The girls were excited to sleep in their big girls beds and have done well at night but nap time seems to have stopped, I miss nap time and they are so grumpy by mid evening I am ready for them to go to bed. Maybe with their routine returning back to normal tomorrow with preschool, they will sneak a nap in the afternoon.

Dinner is in the crockpot, chicken and noodles. Quick and easy. I will post the recipe with some pics later. Laundry is calling my name and I am going to attempt to get the girls to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment